We have high expectations for our instructors. The following items are a list of those expectations and conditions, which are not all inclusive:
- Instructors sign an Independent Contractor Agreement which provides many details.
- Instructors must attend all online staff meetings or arrange for another staff member to take notes.
- Instructors are responsible for providing hardware as specified on the requirements page.
- Instructors are responsible for their own Internet connectivity as well as a listed phone line.
- Instructors are responsible for their own consumable supplies.
- Instructors will participate in a continuous monitoring and evaluation process.
- Instructors will be expected to be readily accessible to their students at specified times by both phone and email as well as a range of other communication tools.
- Instructors will be compensated within three (3) weeks of the mid- and end-points of their course(s).
- Instructors will be provided with a mentor.
Instructors will be provided the following items necessary to perform their tasks:
- Limited hardware and technical support
- Training in online course delivery
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Teaching and online experience valued
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
Works independently with little direct supervision
Works as part of a team
Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
Demonstrates work ethic to achieve specified goals
Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
Utilizes all required and recommended computer applications
- Certified in relevant subject area
- Knowledge of students in a distance-learning environment
- Operational knowledge of the Internet and web-related technologies