Virtual Schools of Excellence admits students of any sex, race, creed, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally accorded to students enrolled. Virtual Schools of Excellence does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, nationality, or ethnic origin with regard to students, faculty, or staff.
VSOE values each employee as a vital partner in fulfilling its mission of providing course content that is based on a rich, collaborative, and active environment. Students learn at an individual pace and instructors can focus on providing individualized instruction and accommodate multiple learning styles. VSOE is committed to ensuring that each employee is afforded the best opportunity to fulfill his or her role as a professional.
VSOE requires that each employee make a commitment to the Employee Code of Professional Ethics.
All VSOE Employees will:
- Observe all established lines of management and supervision out of respect for colleagues and for the good of the organization;
- Handle all confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion to engender trust among all of their colleagues;
- Conduct themselves at all times in a manner that demonstrates and promotes respect, fairness, and good faith;
- Demonstrate and promote a genuine and unconditional respect for the proprietorship of VSOE;
- Neither engage in nor condone harassment or discrimination of any kind;
- Strive to provide the highest quality of professional service by continually enhancing knowledge and skills in order to perform responsibilities in accordance with the highest standards of professional practices and with the highest degree of personal integrity;
- Exhibit a genuine interest in all students and courses and commit to supporting and assisting school staff in building strong and successful programs;
- Support the work of all colleagues and assist them as appropriate in the efficient and successful completion of common tasks;
- Participate as appropriate in the development of policies and procedures that will promote the efficiency, effectiveness, and success of VSOE;
- Comply with all Florida and Federal laws and the Principles of Professional Conduct for the Education Profession in Florida;
- Exercise care and perform work operations in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- §1006.061, Florida Statutes – Child abuse, abandonment, and neglect policy
- §1012.315, Florida Statutes – Disqualification from employment
- §1012.795, Florida Statutes – Education Practices Commission; authority to discipline
- §1012.796, Florida Statutes – Complaints against teachers and administrators; procedure; penalties
- §1012.798, Florida Statutes – Recovery network program for educators
- §1012.799, Florida Statutes – Reporting certain offenses